AUS: 1300 630 488    NZ: 0800 1477 6287

The history of Canberra

Members from Canberra City Ladies Probus Club visited the St John's Schoolhouse Museum, Church and graveyard.

The Church and School were built very early in the history of Canberra and served many of the first pioneers of the district. Many of them were buried in the graveyard. Two of Australia's Governors-General were also buried in the graveyard, Viscount Dunrossil and Major-General Mike Jeffrey. The ladies also had a very nice morning tea at a low cost.