AUS: 1300 630 488    NZ: 0800 1477 6287

You’ve been told you are getting

Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) appears to be similar to the fibre to the node except here the fibre termination (Distribution Point Unit (DPU) is closer to your house and is in a pit in the street. It again uses the existing copper wire to the house. With the wires terminated in a wall outlet in the house.

  This is a typical layout

The internal equipment will be installed by you ISP. A NBN connection device which will hold the modem will be installed and connected to the telephone outlet and a power outlet.

A network cable (cat6) is used to connect the NBN connection device to a NBN compatible gateway/router.

It has connection ports for connecting network cable (cat6) between the connection box and the gateway/router. From the router (generally a wireless /router) you connect your computer mobile devices TV or similar equipment that uses your local area network. It may have additional ports to let you hardwire devices on the network or use wireless for connections.

The modem also has ports for connecting your telephone to the NBN.

If the phone or router is some distance you may find that the ISP will not do that connection. In that case you will need to get a licenced cable layer to do it for you. Most electricians hold that licence.

This link is to the NBN

View this video for more information